Sunday, March 11, 2012

~ cupcake plastic canvas coaster ~


Well - it's supposed to be a cupcake - kind of looks funny though.  Oh well, no matter - I'll use it anyway.  :)

Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic
   - brown
   - rose
   - pink
   - soft white
- embroidery thread
   - brown
   - rose
- 27 hole x 27 hole piece of 7-count plastic canvas
- large eye yarn needle
- 1/2" red button

Directions:
1.  Using the continental stitch, work piece according to the graph.

2.  Whipstitch the edge with soft white.

3.  Embroider accents any way you like, or you can follow the top picture.

4.  Sew red button to top of cupcake.

   

 
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Debi, it ÍS a cupcake! It's looking very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cupcake to me! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Debi, it looks like a yummy cupcake to me (with a cherry on top). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute Debi :)) and it certainly looks like a cup cake to me.. I am sure it will be a huge hit in your home :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very much a cupcake and very cute! I may have to break down and get out the plastic canvas again. It's been awhile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a cupcake to me :) Very cute! I love those plastic coasters you've been using lately; where do you get them from?
    xo,
    wink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. :)

    wink - I bought the plastic canvas from AC Moore (a craft store we have here) but I'm sure there's other places on the internet that will have it. Here's the link to the AC Moore website:

    http://www.acmoore.com/search.aspx?categoryid=239&showall=false

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a cupcake to me too.....don't be so hard on yourself, I think it is PERFECT!
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this pattern! Thank you for sharing it. I am always looking for a new cupcake pattern.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the pattern. Im gonna make them for someone for christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a cupcake to me. I do a lot of plastic canvas thanks for the pattern. If you have anymore please print them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)